moviechallenge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
moviechallenge

Forum to record 100 movie challenge for 2017.

365 Prince Songs in 365 Days

gaboman
    Admin

365 Prince Songs in 365 Days Empty 365 Prince Songs in 365 Days

Post by gaboman Mon May 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Going to try and listen to a Prince song every day. Since I'm starting in May... well, whatever.
    gaboman
    Admin

365 Prince Songs in 365 Days Empty Re: 365 Prince Songs in 365 Days

Post by gaboman Mon May 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Rock and Roll Love Affair (Original Extended)

I recall this song being called RNR Affair, but I can't exactly remember where I first heard it. It was definitely an mp3 download, but it was towards the end of 2012. I don't think the thirdeyegirl site existed at that time so I must have come across it somewhere else. The remix was released on thirdeyegirl when the site launched.

The Rock and Roll Love Affair single came out shortly after. It was an import from Switzerland and came in a cardboard sleeve with some dance remixes. I personally only enjoy this extended mix and the radio version. The song was later on HITNRUN PHASE 2 but it seems to be a different version to the single.

It's a serviceable song, but not among the best of Prince's discography.

gaboman
    Admin

Post by gaboman Tue May 09, 2017 5:07 pm

I Wish U Heaven

This is a song from Lovesexy - an album I slept on for a long time (until I actually took the time to really listen to it). It's one of my favorite Prince songs, but I can get why people wouldn't enjoy it. I find the lyrics and melody absolutely hypnotizing. It really fits in with the mood of the album, and I find a great palate cleanser between When 2 R In Love and Positivity.

gaboman
    Admin

Post by gaboman Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 am

Electric Intercourse

This song was a huge surprise. I guess I always knew it must have existed, but the fact that there's a proper studio recording is just great. It's currently a pre-order track for the upcoming Purple Rain Deluxe and is everything you could ever want for. What strikes me is how it's an actually properly produced track and obviously not a half-assed demo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 pm